REALTORS®Michael Gobber, Tim Ryan and Lynn Madison. (Michael Hudson Photo)
In today’s blog post, we’ll give you a glimpse of the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings through photographs taken at the Chicago Marriott Naperville last week.
You can see photos taken during the Inaugural Gala:
You can see images from Young Professionals Network events, the Real Estate Educational Foundation fundraiser, the Global Business Council, the REALTORS® Political Involvement Committee and so much more:
Illinois REALTORS® paused last week to remember the life and work of two association executives who died in 2017.
Margery Shinners, former CEO of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®, and Debra Borgwald, association executive of the Danville Board of REALTORS® were honored with proclamations noting their contributions to the real estate industry and Illinois REALTORS®.
The ceremony was held at a meeting of Illinois REALTORS®’ Board of Directors during its meeting at the Chicago Mariott Naperville.
Shinners, who died in April, joined Mainstreet in 1996, serving as technology director and deputy CEO before she was promoted in 2016 to CEO.
Borgwald served the Danville board for more than 15 years and served on a number of Illinois REALTOR® committees.
Both were recognized with Illinois REALTORS® Rhino Award, given to association executives who serve as role models and leaders within the profession.
The Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors gave its approval to a plan that will guide the association for the next three years at its business meetings in Naperville last week.
The outline is the result of more than a year of work which included a comprehensive member survey, and which involved scores of members aiding in the crafting of the 101-year-old organization’s priorities.
The work identifies five core areas the association will focus on in the years ahead:
- Advocacy: Protect private property and promote the value of REALTORS®.
- Education: Create professional development programs that help REALTORS® strengthen their businesses.
- Ethics: Advance ethics enforcement programs that increase REALTOR® professionalism.
- Legal: Protect REALTORS® by providing legal guidance and education.
- Outreach: Share the story of the association and its role in helping REALTORS® succeed.
Many of the plan’s details were worked out by a Strategic Thinkers Working Group, which provided the information to the Strategic Planning Committee.
The 2018 officers include (l to r): President-elect Dan Wagner, Immediate Past President Doug Carpenter, President Matt Difanis and Treasurer Ed Neaves. (Michael Hudson Photo)
Last week at the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings, a new leadership team and board of directors were sworn-in, some members were honored for their service and plans were approved for special projects.
Check out the photos and catch up on the details of the meetings and the Inaugural Gala, check the following headlines and follow the links to stories:
On Oct. 12, the Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors voted to accept nominations for chairs and vice chairs of 2018 committees at the October Business Meetings.
These individuals help shape the association’s policies, make recommendations to the board and aim to keep the association as relevant as possible. President Matt Difanis chairs the Executive Committee and President-elect Dan Wagner is vice chair. The duo serves in the same leadership roles on the NAR Political Advisory Working Group.
Among other appointments are:
- Advisory Council — Mike Drews, chair;
- Association Executives Committee — Steve Volkodav, chair, Charay Palmer, vice chair;
- Business Issues-License Law Forum — Kristie DeBrun, chair, Sue Miller, vice chair;
- Commercial-Industrial-Investment Committee — Steve Myers, chair; Kris Keller, vice chair;
- Conference and Expo Working Group — Angie Zahn, chair;
- Ethics Citation Panel — Matt Silver, chair, Tonya Corder, vice chair;
- Finance Committee — Ed Neaves, chair;
- Grievance Committee — Eleanor Nastepniak, chair, Catherine Terpstra, vice chair;
- Housing Opportunity Working Group — Zeke Morris, chair, Jeffrey Barkstall, vice chair;
- Illinois REALTORS® Plaza, Inc. — Ed Neaves, chair;
- Illinois General Assembly and Statewide Independent Expenditures Committee — Christopher Tenggren, chair;
- Illinois Local Government Independent Expenditures Committee — Mike Drews, chair;
- Illinois REALTORS® Global Business Council — Vicky Sampah, chair, Maurice Hampton, vice chair;
- Leadership Development Working Group — Sarah Ware, chair, Bob Eby, vice chair;
- Nominating Committee — Jim Kinney, chair, Mike Drews, vice chair;
- Performance-Compensation Review Committee — Mike Drews, chair;
- Professional Development Member Involvement Group — , Max Mitchell, chair, Alisa Patterson-Orosco, vice chair;
- Professional Standards Committee — Mike Oldenettel, chair, Michael Gobber, vice chair;
- REALTORS® Political Involvement Working Group — Tom Krettler, chair, Chad Doyle, vice chair;
- Public Policy and Government Affairs Member Involvement Group — Tim Ryan, chair, Hugh Rider, vice chair;
- REALTOR® of the Year Working Group — Chris Read, chair;
- RPAC Fundraising Working Group — Jeff Gregory, chair, Kevin Van Eck, vice chair;
- RPAC Trustees — Jeff Kolbus, chair, Nykea Pippion-McGriff, vice chair;
- Screening and Candidate Audit Working Group — Jean Crosby, chair, Sheryl Grider-Whitehurst, vice chair;
- Strategic Planning Committee — Dan Wagner, chair, Ed Neaves, vice chair;
- Young Professionals Network Advisory Group — Jayme Ahlden, chair, Brian Kwilosz, vice chair.
The Advisory Board will choose its chair in the near future.